What am I?
- Biodegradable bamboo charcoal water filters from ecoLiving
- Includes reusable natural cotton bag
- Available in packs of 4 or 8
Why am I amazing?
- Enhances the taste of your drinking water
- Removes impurities such as chlorine and chloramines
- Biodegradable & compostable at the end of their life
- After 2 months of use reuse the filters for:
- Removing mould from kitchen and bathroom corners
- Keeping produce fresh in your fridge
- Helping to remove smells from your fridge or bathroom
- Helping to remove moisture from damp areas
What am I made from?
- Bamboo charcoal, natural cotton
How do you use me?
- Use approx: 1 litre jug = 3 – 4 pieces; 2 litre jug = 6 – 8 pieces
- Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
- Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
- Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
- Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It’s then ready to drink.
- Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
How do you look after me?
- Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.