What am I?
- Pack of 4 binchotan charcoal water filter from black+blum
- Each stick lasts approximately 6 months (if used daily)
- L 12 cm / L 4.7”
Why am I amazing?
- Makes regular tap water taste amazing
- Made from sustainable resources
- Long lasting – up to 6 months
- Works in drinking bottles as well as any water jug or container
- Compatible with the black+blum EAU GOOD bottle or EAU CARAFE
- Many secondary uses
What am I made from?
- Binchotan active charcoal
How do you use me?
- Simply place in your water bottle, water jug or container
- Leave for 1 hour (good), 4 hours (better) or 8 hours (great!)
- You can leave it in place whilst you drink or pore
How do you look after me?
- After approximately 3 months boil the charcoal stick to recharge for another 3 months of use
- Do not wash with detergent or soap
- Only for use with water, do not use with flavoured water, infusions or tea
Binchotan Charcoal Water Filters – Our Thoughts
greenerlyfe is delighted to offer these charcoal filters from black+blum.
The legend goes that Binchotan charcoal was introduced to Japan by a monk and scholar called Kukai approximately 1,200 years ago. Around the 17th century a man called Binchuya Chozaemon made the charcoal more common place.
The wood that it’s made from is sustainable and goes through various processing stages with low and high temperatures before finally producing the right material for a water filter.
Binchotan charcoal is incredibly porous and the active carbon contained attracts ions of contaminants to its surface where they remain.
Magnesium, Iron and calcium are all released back into the water which ensures you have a very tasty and healthy drink.
Its amazing that a single Binchotan charcoal water filter stick can continue to remove impurities for around 6 months… seem a bit like magic !
Make sure you reuse the filters after use, one common use is to crumble them into house plants where they release nutrients back into the soil.