What are Reusable Food Covers?
Reusable food covers are all the rage with environmentally conscious consumers today.
Silicone food covers, silicone bowl covers and silicone stretch lids are viable alternatives to plastic food wraps.
Why Make the Switch?
Avoiding plastic wrap/cling film is great for the environment.
There are convenient reusable and adjustable silicone food covers that are attractive, easy-to-use and durable.
What types of Food Covers Are There?
There are a number of sustainable materials used like reusable silicone food covers, beeswax coated cotton, laminated cotton and reusable plastic covers for bowls.
Non Plastic Alternatives – Stocked in the Shop
The 5 Best Reusable Plastic Covers for Bowls
Silicone Stretch Lids by Di Oro Living Store
This wonderful set of 6 silicone bowl covers from Di Oro Living Store are terrific for cutting down on plastic food wraps.
These multi-sized bowl covers can be reused time and time again.
These Eco-friendly covers stretch to securely fit different sized bowls and have thicker grooves on the edges to produce maximum seal.
- Easily stored – stackable
- Non-toxic and BPA free
- Use in the microwave
- Thicker edge grooves for a perfect seal
- Fit any 3″-10″ containers
- Versatile – Covers bowl, cups, glassware, pyrex, airtight jar, food can, instant pot, crockpot, watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe, lemon, onions or other fruits and vegetables.
- Simply wipe clean
- Durable & lasts for years
- Make sure bowl & cover are dry for better seal action
DigHealth Silicone Stretch Lids
This 12-pack of Reusable Silicone Food Covers by DigHealth are made to fit a wide variety of bowl sizes and shapes.
These sustainable silicone stretch food covers are BPA free and safe for freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Pros:
- Set of 12 silicone expandable silicone stretch lids/covers
- Safe in dishwasher, freezer & microwave
- Expands to custom fit just about any bowl or container
- Food safe silicone doesn’t retain odors or absorb flavors
- Clear coloured or transparent for easy food identifying
- Takes little storage space
- Good price & durable silicone stretch lids are harder to rip
- BPA free
- Some report rips with sharp utensils
- Again seals best when dry
Beeswax Washable Bowl Covers by Archie Living
Set of 3 Pack
These washable and reusable beeswax bowl covers from Archie Living are ideal for a sustainable food storage option that is plastic free and better for the earth.
Can be used as sustainable sandwich wrappers too.
- Multiple food storage uses
- Sustainable materials like beeswax on organic cotton
- Can be reused many times
- Cute prints
- Natural honey beeswax keeps food fresh naturally
- Hand washable
- Great for lunches, picnics & camping
- Must handwash
Suction Lids Food Covers for Bowls by Hitopin
Set of 5 Various Sizes.
These press-sealed microwave reusable dish and bowl covers by Hitopin come in multiple colours that fit various food container sizes including bowls and pans.
The ingenious suction design of these offers reliable splatter-proof action and are microwave, oven, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- Food grade silicone BPA free
- Safe for microwave, dishwasher, oven & freezer
- Can be used on pans, bowls, dishes and more
- Bright vibrant colours
- Suction cup action seals freshness in
- Takes a bit to learn how to seal with suction
- May be hard to unseal from hot containers
Cotton Casserole Dish Cover By Your Green Kitchen
This amazing organic cotton sustainable casserole dish cover by Your Green Kitchen is large enough to use for pot-lucks and BBQs.
The attractive and earth-friendly inspirational design is made with water based ink safe for food.
- Reusable & sustainable material
- Safe water based ink design in earth-friendly pattern
- Makes an ideal gift – add your favorite baked food
- Elasticized bottom for better fit
- No plastic packaging
- A little pricier but worth it
If everyone switched to reusable silicone food covers, this small effort can counteract some of the devastating environmental harm that people have caused through-the-years.
Choosing effective silicone food covers, silicone lids and other alternative-to-plastic sustainable food storage products makes sense on every level.