What am I?
- Compostable Sponge (UnSponge Squeeze) in Grey Star design
- Size: 12cm x 7cm
Why am I amazing?
- Beautiful design
- Flexible, easy foaming and quick drying
- 100% vegan / plant based
- Handmade in the UK
- 100% Biodegradable and Compostable
- Lasts for at least 3 months if cared for correctly
- All packaging is plastic free and made from sustainable sources
What am I made from?
- Organic cotton and cellulose (blend of wood pulp, cotton and flax)
How do you use me?
- Use as you would any normal sponge
How do you look after me?
- After use give the sponge a big squeeze to extract the absorbed water
- Every few day wash with your towels or any regular wash (40oC) and leave to dry
- Quickly heat in the microwave or place in the dishwasher to sterilise
- At the end of the sponges long life simply cut up and compost
Compostable Sponge – Our Thoughts
greenerlyfe is delighted to offer these natural sponges from Rowen Stillwater.
Many of our everyday sponges are made from plastic or contain micro plastics so it’s no surprise we are starting to move towards more sustainable alternatives.
Of course you should also beware of natural sea sponges as well.
Why? because they are a living creature.
In addition to the obvious issues with common kitchen sponges, one thing that’s often over looked is how long they actually last.
Some sponges are useless after a week or so which is why these natural sponges are ideal.
If looked after they will easily last 3 to 4 months and so the slightly higher price is justified after just a few weeks.
Overall, we think these compostable sponges are amazing. Such a lovely design, long lasting and of course – 100% biodegradable.