There are undeniable benefits of switching from the standard disposable cotton makeup wipes to reusable makeup pads that every individual should at least consider for the sake of the environment.
What we know is that we must find more sustainable options for our every day reusable products.
Make up wipes are ripe for switching to an eco friendly option.
What Alternative Makeup Pads Are There?
There are several good options in sustainable alternative to cotton pads that are far better for our planet and its fragile eco-systems.
On the market today you can find reusable bamboo makeup removal pads along with other eco friendly makeup remover material selections.
Many individuals prefer to use reusable bamboo cotton pads rather than typical cotton balls or makeup removal wipes that fill our garbage heaps ever higher each year.
Other commonly substituted materials used as a sustainable alternative to cotton pads include finer muslin, flannel materials, plush fleece-like fabrics, organically harvested cottons among other choices.
Can I Make My Own Reusable Cotton Pads?
As some of the available reusable makeup pads are costly, many individuals wanting to make a positive environmental commitment decide to make their own reusable bamboo cotton pads or similar alternatives.
3 Sustainable Alternatives to Cotton Pads
Below are our top 3 picks for the best reusable cotton pads that include:
LC-dolida Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads
These gentle and Washable Eco-Friendly Bamboo Cotton Pads from LC-dolida come with their own laundry bag for easy toss-and-wash care.
The soft bamboo material offers gentle cleansing for even sensitive skin types all without needing any makeup removal chemicals that are too harsh for delicate facial complexions.
Simply wet bamboo pads with warm water, use a gentle cleanser and proceed to lightly scrub away any traces of makeup, dirt or skin oils without over-drying the delicate facial dermal layers.
- Super soft & gentle natural bamboo material gently exfoliates skin surface for a deep-down clean
- Chemical & toxin free
- Safe for even sensitive skin types
- Reusable & machine washable when soiled
- Handy laundry bag included
- Made from sustainable bamboo
- Economical 18 pack
- Should last up to 1,000 washes
- Extremely Eco-friendly material and design
- Small & lightweight bamboo rounds ideal for travel, for gym bags, inside a purse, in an overnight bag or everyday use
- Some report skin sensitivity with use
- Several consumers report pilling of cottony fibers following wash
MakeUp Eraser Alternative Sustainable Cloth Towel
MakeUp Eraser is a Makeup Removal Towel that is made from a specialised and patented soft micro-fibre cloth designed to remove makeup without harsh cleansers or makeup removal chemicals.
Simply wet an area of the specially patented cloth with warm water, then proceed to lightly scrub away any traces of makeup, dirt or skin oils without over-drying the delicate facial dermal layers.
When the cloth is soiled on all regions, toss in the washing machine for reuse later on. Pros:
- Made from a sustainable soft & reusable fabric
- Patented material design that removes facial makeup, dirt and oils without skin dryness or irritations from harsh chemicals
- Safe & gentle enough for even sensitive or baby soft skin
- Washable towel-like cloth
- Saves money
- Removes all makeup without cleansers
- Great for home, office, fitness center or travel use
- Fast makeup removal cloth
- Higher priced but worth the cost since reusable
- Some consumers reported cloth edge fraying after washing several times
Face Halo Original Makeup Removal Pad
Sustainable Reusable Facial Pad Alternative – single pack
An alternative to disposable makeup removal pads, the Original Face Halo Makeup Removal Pad has been touted by many to be the best makeup removal agent in a sustainable design.
This single pack pad is double sided and should replace 500 disposable makeup removal pads or cloths.
One side gently exfoliates skin surfaces.
No need for cleanser, just wet, wipe then wash. Pros:
- Dual sided pad offers multiple-use options
- Gentle exfoliating side
- Requires only water
- Durable & lasts
- Wet, wipe & wash easy usage instructions
- Reusable & made from sustainable materials
- Some consumers report the pad reduces need for cleanser as it didn’t clean enough with only water
- Might take on odours over time
Consider trying out one of our recommended best reusable makeup remover pads, or make your own reusable pads for the good of our beautiful planet.