As a runner I find chafing a real issue especially for the longer runs and so last week I was wondering whether wearing boxers made from different materials could make a difference and in particular to review bamboo boxer shorts with anti chafing properties.
Having done some research It turns out that bamboo fibre for clothing is a great material for helping with chafing due to the properties of the bamboo fibre itself and that whilst clothing made from bamboo fairly new there are plenty of option on the market that can help to provide relief.
Lets talk about chafing, how it happens and what to avoid. We’ll also get to some reviews of bamboo boxer shorts with anti chafing properties below.
The Main Problem with Traditional Underwear
Traditional underwear can be uncomfortable.
Wearing certain fabrics, such as polyester and nylon, can allow sweat to build up and create a hot spot.
If you participating in exercise and sports, but also just wearing this kind of material can cause really bad chafing and discomfort.
What is Chafing
Chafing is a medical condition that occurs when the skin rubs against the skin or against a piece of clothing, causing irritation and redness.
It can occur anywhere on the body but is most common in areas with high friction such as the thighs, armpits and in particular the groin.
The most common form of chafing is caused by wearing tight clothes, such as bike shorts, boxer shorts or leggings, for an extended period of time. Other causes include: sweating heavily, prolonged exposure to water (swimming), and rubbing against rough surfaces (such as carpet).
A person with chafing may experience soreness, itching, redness and sometimes blisters.
How many people suffer from chafing
Why Choose Boxer Shorts Made from Bamboo?
Men are switching to Bamboo Boxers in droves for comfort and style.
Bamboo Boxers are the best boxer briefs for men because they offer exceptional comfort, a stylish look, and a sustainable fabric that is eco-friendly.
Bamboo Boxers are comfortable boxer briefs that can be worn from day to night with no worries of chafing or discomfort.
They also offer a variety of styles and colours to suit every man’s needs.
What Properties of Bamboo Fabric Help with Chafing?
Bamboo fabric is great for chafing because not only does it wick moisture away from the skin, but it also provides a cooling sensation.
What is wicking and how does it help chafing?
Wicking is a process of fabric that is designed to pull moisture away from the skin.
This helps to keep the wearer dry and comfortable.
The most common materials used for wicking fabric are cotton, wool, bamboo and polyester.
These materials have natural properties that help them absorb moisture from the skin and release it into the air.
Different types of clothing use different types of wicking fabrics in order to stay dry during exercise or other strenuous activities.
Here are 4 Great Reasons You Should Wear Bamboo Boxer Shorts
1. Breathable Material – Bamboo is breathable, which means you’ll stay cool and dry.
2. Moisture Wicking – The material’s natural wicking properties help draw moisture away from the body to keep you drier and more comfortable.
3. Odour Resistant – As an antimicrobial agent is inherent in bamboo fabric, it’s resistant to bacteria, mold and fungi that can cause odour-causing conditions.
4. Anti-Chafing Protection – Prevent your thighs from rubbing together to help prevent chafing with this comfortable material that adjusts for a perfect fit with no binding or bunching up of fabric.
3 of the Best Anti Chafing Bamboo Boxer Shorts
DAVID ARCHY Men’s Bamboo Boxers
EKQ Mens Bamboo Underwear Boxer Shorts
– These long legged boxer shorts for men are breathable, lightweight, slim fit and stop any chafing.
– Wide Tag-free stretchy waistband more comfortable and fit your waist well, preventing irritation and uncomfortable bunching.
– Lightweight and quick-drying for daily wearing, keep the body dry and not stuffy and maintain a healthy life.
– Pack of 3, Sizes from M to 2XL will surely have the right model for you. Buy on Amazon
DANISH ENDURANCE Bamboo Trunks Underwear for Men
I hope by writing this article you have a much stronger understanding of what chafing is, which materials are likely to cause it and also how to avoid it in the long term.
You should also have a better understanding of how bamboo boxer shorts with anti chafing properties can really help you, not only to run and exercise with less pain, but also improve your overall health if you do suffer from chafing.
I’d love to hear from you, have you made the switch to bamboo boxer shorts or are you thinking of doing so.
Please do take the time to leave a comment below.